SAFE, AFFORDABLE, AND DEPENDABLE
ELITE SCHOOL OF DRIVING
Prices, Discounts and Scholarships
Prices, Scholarships and Discounts
The success of our students depends on a successful partnership between our students, their parents and our instructors.
Here are a few suggestions to help implement a parent-teen care use agreement:
Be an example
- behavior is learned, it is not innate.
- explain the rules, listen to your child's point of view and emphasize the consequences of failure to follow the rules.
Be positive and emphasize
- your concern for their safety, your expectations for responsible behavior and driving is a privilege, and a reward for responsible behavior.
- check your vehicle before and after each use for tire damage and misuse, fuel levels, mileage usage, vehicle damage and any signs misuse.
- act promptly if there is a breaking of the rules, delaying consequences can be perceived as a sign of weakness.
- do not negotiate consequences for breaking the rules, do not change your mind, do not cave in to an uproar.
- both parents need to provide a united front on issues, do not allow yourselves to be divided, and conquered.
- get all the facts before you take action, let your child know that other children are also using the parent-teen agreement, and they are not being singled out.
Be gentle but firm
- let the contract do the talking, express disappointment when the rules are broken and your power lies in the enforcement of the agreement.
- listen but don't bargain
Be in control
- be alert for games and peer pressure.
- love is unconditional, the contract provides for withholding privileges, not withholding love.
Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.
View on Mobile